Thanksgiving 2023

Pumpkin Pie (10am-1:30pm)

Turkey 3.5 hours @325F (1:00pm-4pm)

Green beans 45min @ 350F (4pm)

Sweet potatoes 3 hours (2pm-5pm)

Rice 30m (4:30pm)



Pie: I made Claire saffitz’s honey pumpkin pie and it was pretty good for a pumpkin pie, I’ll be making this for pumpkin pies in the future. The ruff puff was made with half European and half American butter and wasn’t that great. It wasn’t too hard making ruff puff though, so may try again with all European butter next time. 


Turkey: I wet brined the turkey then fridge dried it for like 8 hours. Next time I will fridge dry for 24 hours. Cooked the ATK turkey and it was pretty good. Next time for the gravy I’ll just add flour to the dripping fat and whisk in the dripping liquid. I made gravy with chicken stock and it was decent but not amazing. 

Popular Posts